Vinegar and lemon on your cutting board? Here are seven clever and simple kitchen hacks that will make cooking (and eating) a whole lot easier for you and your family.
- Hack #1: If chopping onions brings a tear to your eye, try rubbing white vinegar over your board before you start chopping. No more tears!
- Hack #2: Use rubber bands to open a stuck bottle. Yes, put one rubber band on the body of the bottle and one around the lid and pop goes the top!
- Hack #3: Water will tell you if an egg is fresh. Gently drop an egg into a glass filled with water. If it sinks to the bottom that means it’s fresh!
- Hack #4: Naturally disinfect your chopping board by covering it in kosher salt, and then rubbing it in with half a lemon before rinsing under cold water. Your chopping board is ready to go!
- Hack #5: Trouble peeling hard-boiled eggs? Take cold water, add a teaspoon of baking soda, and bring to a boil. Take the water off the heat, add the hard-boiled eggs and let cool for 10-12 minutes. The shells just peel off!
- Hack #6: Want to keep your sugar soft? Just add a couple of marshmallows to the bag!
- Hack #7: Here’s a great way to keep your wine chilled. Freeze some grapes beforehand and then add them to your glass – they won’t dilute the wine and they look cool!