June is a great time for produce as a lot of Spring crops are ready for your kitchen table. Here is a look at some great produce that’s perfect this time of year – and what you can make with it.
What's in Season
- Avocados Avocados are great in many Mexican dishes and, obviously, guacamole, but it’s also great as a creamy component in chocolate dishes like chocolate avocado pudding or mousse.
- Beets Sure, kids may not like them at first, but they add great color and flavor to any summer salad – and they can even be incorporated into a luscious chocolate cake.
- Blueberries Blueberries are incredibly versatile as a component of summer salads or in many satisfying dessert recipes, like pies, crisps, and muffins.
- Cherries Nothing says summer like cherry pie but they’re also a wonderful accompaniment to Couscous and many summer salads.
- Cucumbers There’s nothing as fresh and light as a delicious cucumber salad. It’s a great side dish with pasta and especially burgers and brats.