Looking for a fun way to get into the spirit of Spring? Try making your own plant hangers! Great for indoor or outdoor plants, this is something the whole family can get involved with!
Here’s what you need:
- 8 pieces of 15-foot-long cotton cord (3.1mm thick)
- 2” brass ring
- 2 pieces of 5-foot rope
How to create a macramé plant hanger:
- Gather all 8 pieces of cord, fold in half and loop through the ring.
- Using your 5-foot-long piece of string, tie a loop knot right below the ring.
- Take four strands and tie a square knot. Repeat 6 times.
- Repeat this pattern with the next group of four cords and repeat for the remaining cords.
- Leave a 2 ½ inch gap and tie a half square knot.
- Repeat until you’ve created a 5-inch spiral.
- Repeat this pattern for the remaining knot groups.
- Leave a 6-inch gap and create a crossover square knot using the 2 right cords from your first group and the 2 left cords from the adjacent group.
- Repeat for the remaining knot groups.
- Leave 6-inch gap and create another crossover square knot by alternating the cords from the previous step.
- Leave a 3 ½ inch gap and tie a loop knot.
- Trim off excess cord to create a tassel finish.