From pool parties to beach bonfires to backyard barbecues, summer is the perfect time for outdoor get-togethers. Planning these parties doesn’t have to be stressful with a few simple tricks to keeping it simple.
- Keep it simple: Plan to grill so you can be outside with your guests while cooking. Prepare seasonal favorites like salads and fresh fruit. Visit your local farmers market to purchase your fresh produce.
- Don’t use real: Use paper or plastic plate, silverware and glasses. This will save time by not doing all those dishes up and relieve the stress of something breaking. Keep trash cans open for easy clean up.
- Simple décor: Check out your local dollar store to pick up some fun and inexpensive décor like, party trays, plastic-wear or throw pillows to add a pop of color to your party.
- Create the mood: Use candle, torches and lights to set the scene. Be sure to use flameless candles, solar lights and torches if there are kids around. Create your music playlist ahead of time and use wireless speakers throughout the yard for easy listening.
- Keeping the bugs away and protect your guest with sunscreen: Spray your yard with bug spray an hour before your guests arrive to keep the bugs away and use citronella candles for added protection against mosquitos. Keep sunscreen on hand to help protect your guests from sun exposure.
- Be prepared: Plan ahead and do as much prep work as possible the day before, like making your burger patties and precutting your veggies.
- Keep extras on hand: Bubbles, sidewalk chalk and balls are fun and easy way to keep the kids from getting bored.
Remember, keep it fun and keep it simple so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the party!